SC - OOP/Long-King Arthur Faire

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Oct 19 10:19:24 PDT 2000

Nice to meet another Davidson fan...

Phlip has one of the rather vertical bbq/smokers that some people cook
in.

I just this pennsic got a coleman camping oven that goes over 1 burner
on a propane range [mike made some rather good bread in it] that I have
been playing with baking pies and such in. i find it does better if I
put a few quarry pavers [terra cotta tiles] in it to hold and radiate
heat. It is simply a box with a thermometer on the door and a shelf
inside. I see no reason that you couldnt have somebody who does
sheetmetal work make up one that fits over both burners and has room for
4 regular sized pie plates or 4 similar sized square baking pans
[cinnamon roll sized from KingArthurFlour's bakers Catalog] and give it
a shot. I figure you could put 2 semicircular pasties in each tin for a
total of 8 sizeable ones, or 4 smaller semcircular pasties. perhaps the
largest of the dumpling presses would work the best, it makes halfmon
pastries 3"long and 1.5"wide and about .5"thick. when I use mine I use
the bottom of a cleaned up can to cut the dough and seal the pie pastry
with water.[I got the set of all 3 sized when I saw it at walmart, it
was the same set that was being flogged on TV for 19.95+s&h of 4.95, I
spent 12.99!]
margali

- --
http://homestead.deja.com/user.marilyntraber/index.html