SC - OOP - Black Food

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 23 19:40:15 PDT 2000

niccolo difrancesco wrote:
>this just screams for squid ink pasta!

Yeah, i know, i heard the pasta screaming at me when i was in the
store today. I don't think i can serve it to the vegetarians. What
sort of black sauce would go with it? A little browned butter?

>  Also, quinces are coming into season.  Simmered long enough, they
>go through red to almost black . . . maybe some quince sauce (like
>apple sauce).

Might be too much work and too much expense for me to go to for this
group - quinces aren't cheap around here - and i have to feed at
least small amounts to around a dozen people. How many quinces do you
estimate i'd have to cook so everyone could get a small ladle full?

Thanks for the suggestions...

Anahita al-shazhiyya