SC - help on documentation

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Tue Oct 24 15:48:14 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 24 Oct 00, , that Edgar, Terry wrote:

> At this point, I have only posed the question regarding documentation,
> partly because It has occurred to me that many many good recipes aren't
> documented as such.  I am not planning to enter an A&S competition right
> now, but I do need to know how the process works.  I am planning to do a
> feast in the spring, and my goal at this point is to present food that is
> period, that is tasty, and that could be documented.  I cook a lot without
> recipes.  I was wondering how to document these dishes.
>
> Rivka

You know, most medieval recipes are like "grandmother cooking" --
take some meat and some onions, and add enough spice and
cook it until it is done.  If you are already comfortable with that kind
of cooking, then you have a head-start on being a very good SCA
cook.  I'm not saying that you can't or shouldn't cook some of the
recipes that you already know, but why not add some period
recipes to your repertoire?  There are a lot of resources available
online.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann