SC - Earthquake Weather OP/OT

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 21:32:15 PST 2000

- --- Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Chris Stanifer <jugglethis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > In point of fact, Earthquakes are more than
> capable
> > of
> > changing the weather in the (not so) general
> > vicinity
> > of the epicenter

Huette Replies...

> This is NOT true.  As per Dr. Kate Hutten, professor
> of seismology at Caltech.  She saya that there is no
> such thing as "earthquake weather".  Yes,
> earthquakes
> can affect tides, but because of the harmonic
> vibrations that radiates from the epicenter

Dr. Hutten needs to take a refresher course in
geology, I believe... The force released by even a
moderate earthquake has been proven to ionize the
atmosphere in the close vicinity of the epicenter,
causing all manner of strange weather phenomena... Not
to mention ruining perfectly good card houses and lawn
gnomes...

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who really doesn't want to beat this thing to death)