SC - Bakon Yeast

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 5 11:55:04 PDT 2000

I asked

> > Bakon yeast    <----- What is it?
and

And Brighid and Anahita both found more info by searching the internet.  How
clever of them! Why didn't I think of that!  Thanks, you two.

>  It is a yeast product with a
>hickory-smoked flavor.

Well, that sounds strange.  I guess it was aimed at new vegetarian converts,
to give a taste of ham/bacon when converting recipes. (Bakon, oh, I get it!)
  I'll look for it.  But then again, we are only budget vegetarians and I am
a great fan of preserved pork products.  I could probably just add some
crumbled bacon or a bit of chopped ham to the dish.

Bonne