SC - FW: Anniversary banquet

Jane M Tremaine vikinglord at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 23 12:12:59 PDT 2000

About 5 mts ago I asked one of the cooks in Calafia to do a "Viking" feast
for me at an upcoming event thatI am Stewarding.  This is his menu.  Just a
quick note, we discussed I did not want English Saxon, I don't care if they
did settle in England and Ireland.  I wanted either; Danish, Swedish,
Finnish or a mixture with each course being of one area.  This is what I
got.  By the way I have been told, to late we already started buying.  What
are your thoughts.

They are making there own cheese and crackers, and doing all the smoking
themselves.

Jana

	First (cold) Course

	Smoked ham
	Smoked salmon
	pickled herring
	rye crackers (plain and caraway)
	fresh cheese (plain and dill)
 	pickled veggies

	Second Course

	Smoked goat stew
	oat bread
	fresh fruit

	Third Course

	Roast vennison
	barley, hazelnut, and mushroom pottage
	roast veggies
	sweets (possibly honey dipped dried fruit and nuts)