SC - New Book

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon Oct 16 14:42:50 PDT 2000

Just when I thought it was safe to go back into the book store I read a
review of a new foodie book!  The review is in the latest issue of the
"Economist" Oct. 14 thru 20th.  The title "Pickled, Potted and Canned: The
Story of Food Preservation" by Sue Shepard.  If I read the blurb right its
published by Headline and runs 368 pages and 15.99 pounds.

Sorry couldn't find the symbol for English money.

Looks to be a very interesting book.   If anyone on the other side of the
pond picks it up please give us a cooks list review.  One bit of trivia, I
learned about the worship of Roguszys.

Who was Roguszys you ask?

Why the ancient Lithuanian diety of  pickled food.  You guessed it the god
of sauerkraut.