SC - shortbread/-cakes & salad

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Sep 3 13:21:54 PDT 2000

Thanks to Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W. and all of those who sent me a
great deal of information on the fine cakes recipe.  I'm definately going
to want to play with this, and it's very close to what I would consider a
"shortbread" as I make shortbread.

I would appreciate one more bit of information, if I may impose...
Ld. Bogdan said:
> I've run a small batch to test my ideas about the fine cakes recipe.  I
> roasted five cups of pastry flour in a covered casserole and sifted it
> fine

how long did you roast it?  since I've never seen roasted flour I'm unsure
of what I'm looking for to know that it's ready.

thanks!
I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier