SC - Re: Food Processors and the lists Opinion

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Sep 5 06:50:00 PDT 2000

They say to lash
> the eel well, so that all the spines/thorns will
descend to the tail.
One
> should then cut off the tail.  (One recipe says that
if you wish to
play a
> trick on a friend, you should give him the tail to
eat.)

Is their any chance that the "spines" are the internal
bones or pieces of cartilage in the eel? I'm not
currently up on the anatomy of morays, except that
they have LOTS of teeth and if you are diving you need
to watch which holes you stick your hands into or
you'll lose a finger or more. But as fluid as these
creatures seem in the water, maybe the bones aren't
completely attached and they would "float" on down to
the tail... Just a stab in the dark. Like I said I'm
not really up on their anatomy.

Nisha