SC - Re: Food Processors and the lists Opinion

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Tue Sep 5 07:10:13 PDT 2000

margali wrote:

> They do make synthetic sausage casings..but really the real ones are so thoroughly
> cleaned and prepped that they might as well be cellulose.
> margali
>
> Sue Clemenger wrote:The electric one has all kinds of attachments for
>
> > making/stuffing sausages, which I've never tried, as the idea of buying
> > all those cleaned innards for the casings just completely grosses me
> > out.  *sigh* I'd better get over it soon--we're doing homemade sausages
> > for Harvest Ct at the end of October. <g>
> > --Maire

I agree with Margali. They're heavily processed, and I can't imagine any
reason for squeamishness unless you costantly harp, mentally, upon their
organic source. Which, if you eat sausages anyway, or for that matter
almost any other animal product, is silly. Sausage casings are usually
sold semi-dried, packed in salt, free of any fat, blood, muscle tissue,
major offensive smells, anything like that.

Alternately, you can pretend to be a special-makeup-effects person for a
major motion picture studio and that you are filling condoms with red
gooey stuff.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy