SC - Re: Food Processors and the lists Opinion

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 13:57:01 PDT 2000

This is a first pass only, because there are several words I'm unsure of but
I can't follow up right now as I have a sick ferret in my lap so I can only
use the books withn reach of the computer :->

"Salad for carnival
Take liver, feet, lungs, peeled feet, sear and wash and put to boil with
salt as in the meat and then turn out liver and feet that cook more quickly,
and lungs leave to boil more, and slice making great roundels? and good veal
this way; if you want them boiled eggs and split them and make roundels? and
in  long the pieces of egg and lemons; always first wash lemons with water,
make round slices and then separate in half and make pieces cut strewn? in
this mode that is within the strength of the lemon and then sprinkle??
washed parsley, then put in little plates putting on it vinegar only not
salt and pepper."

whew! thomas you were right, this one is a challenge.  Here are the words I
have the most problem with in case anyone sans ferret wants to track down
more resources translations :->
Eden

quadretti - little dishes, roundlets, wreathes, or chargers per Florio
grandetti - greatened/enlarged per Florio
an frate - from "fratto" broken, bruised.. per florio
lucghi - typo for "lunghi"?
guincio - typo for "giunco" which can mean strewn?
zecchette - from "zacchera" splashed
WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com