SC - Re: sausage casings

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 13:49:15 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/5/00 4:31:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Adamantius writes:

> I agree with Margali. They're heavily processed, and I can't imagine any
>  reason for squeamishness unless you costantly harp, mentally, upon their
>  organic source. Which, if you eat sausages anyway, or for that matter
>  almost any other animal product, is silly. Sausage casings are usually
>  sold semi-dried, packed in salt, free of any fat, blood, muscle tissue,
>  major offensive smells, anything like that.

I'll be working on some sausage this weekend so I just picked up a small
container of organic casings. I took them out to look at them and really,
they are not offensive at all.

>  Alternately, you can pretend to be a special-makeup-effects person for a
>  major motion picture studio and that you are filling condoms with red
>  gooey stuff.

Yes, unless you think condoms are offensive. They really look like ultra thin
sheiks with a little veining in them.

I'll post the results of our sausage stuffing party next week. Lady Jasmine
de Cordoba and a few others are coming over to stuff  as a group learning
experience.

Hauviette