SC - testicles, wombs, penises and other tasty things

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Tue Sep 5 16:49:16 PDT 2000

cindy at thousandeggs.com writes:

<< These are all I have on hand at the moment, but if you look in sources from
 the late 1500s, you'll find a dramatic increase in the use of sugar.

 HTH,

 Cindy/Sincgiefu >>

This is correct. However, I have a number of modern pancake recipes that are
sweet and non sweet all named 'Pancakes'. I really don't see the relationship
you are basing your arguments on. I still fail to see the usefulness of such
comparisons. They are, IMO, as much 'theory' as any other and only provide a
'generic' redaction that would possibly contract an entire set of years and
places and techniques but have no real reason to be believed as anymore
accurate than another interpretation.

I always instruct my students to prepare the individual recipe in front of
them. If the results are tasty then their interpretation is just as accurate
as anyone else's. Possibly more so, since they do not combine Betty Crocker's
version with Fanny Farmer's version to produce an entirely new recipe.

perhaps I am misunderstanding your thought processes here..........

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/