SC - Moray Eel Spines

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue Sep 5 17:23:29 PDT 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> Alternative medicine has several uses for gold. It is also one of the metals
> our body readily digests and uses. I see nothing wacky with his suggestion
> but rather see something that modern medicine might take an example from......

I had understood gold to be nearly inert on a molecular level. I checked
with a chemist friend of mine, and he said something like, "Gold is very
non-reactive. For practical purposes it is entirely unmetabolized. If
you eat it, it does no harm, it just goes in one end and out the other.

I suppose it may have some effect without being metabolized, or perhaps
alternative medicine is using alternative chemistry as well. At this
point, anything is possible, I guess.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy