SC - re: spelt

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Sep 6 05:59:07 PDT 2000

owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

> Re: sca-cooks V1 #2564

The experience of the original poster was very sad and dissappointing, I must
admit. But it got me to thinking. If this person doesn't have the where
withal to buy food or are they just greedy midnight snackers.  I had several
experiences with a lady who would come to events and "bother" the kitchen
staff for milk . This bothered me at the time, and I would lament that she
needed to provide for her children when she went to events (she also forgot
diapers etc). Someone pointed out to me that I could complain, or I could
just make sure to have milk and cookies (or some such) on hand at my feasts
for the kids since it's the kids who are suffering. It seemed like a good
alternative.I have tried to ensure that the childrens room is provided for.
Now obviously you can't feed a hungry populace, but the suggestion to put out
raidable food is a good one ( I usually see a large amount of leftovers, not
due to waste, but most cooks belong in "over-caterers anonymous").

Hauviette