SC - cantnip

Thu Sep 7 10:36:25 PDT 2000

Sieggy skrev:

>And don't laugh about bleeding people - it's still done on a regular
>basis. I know 2 people with a disorder where they produce too much blood,
>and it gets thick to a point that it places a serious strain on the heart,
>trying to pump it. They have to be bled at least twice a year or they could
>have real life threatening problems.

So why not have them donate blood? Heaven knows that the Red Cross and other
blood suppliers are going nutz, trying to find donors for bothe blood and
blood solids (ie, platelets, blood cells, etc.) Help themselves and the rest
of humanity, in one swell foop.

I've been donating since I was 18, gave my first gallon by the time I was
21, and had to cut back because that frequent a donation dropped my BP too
far. Hasn't anyone heard of recycling?

Phlip (who is wondering why she's in cooking conversations on the
Chirurgeon's List, and discussing health considerations on the Cook's
List.....   ;-)

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous