SC - Waus recipes for Ras....

Elysant@aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 18:49:52 PDT 2000

Brighid wrote:

<rant> I think the fish names are going to age me prematurely.  And
Dionisio Perez (the modern editor of the 1529 de Nola) isn't helping.  He
blithely says in a footnote that he thinks "tallina" is a variant spelling
of
an Andalucian word ("tollina") for a small tuna, when the recipe clearly
describes a bivalve.  Ay de mi!! </rant>

I wonder - In Mediterranean Seafood, tellina is given as the Italian name of
the wedge shell (Donax trunculus). Would that be it?

Nanna