SC - ONCE AGAIN: PRECEDELLA MADE OF ALMONDS

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Sep 10 08:13:14 PDT 2000

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> No, you aren't. It is my intention to write the TI editor and ask him/her
> what criteria they are using to select such 'trash' articles for the magazine.

Whether or not it's really a trash article based on perspective, as
'Lainie pointed out, may not be the entire matter either. The editor may
not have had anything better to publish. Lack of literary contribution.
To think that this article was the best food article related to feeding
large groups of fighters that had been submitted to the TI.

And acknowledging that Gerek is right in that fighters (and their
households as their mutual support group) are responsible for their own
calorie maintenance, rather than provide a fighter's kitchen as a gratis
public service, why not hire out to those fighters that are willing to
fulfil that responsibility by subcontracting it out. Fighters are still
responsible for _showing up_ at the kitchen, but they pay a fee, get a
token, and either show up anytime for quick snack foods on hand, or at
specified times for hot food/more substantial meals. (the logistics of
seeking out a bunch of fighters at an event is probably too much) If
they don't show up, it's their health and performance, and now it's your
money.

Seumas

- --
Roi ne suis prince, ni duc, ni comte aussi; je suis sire de
Bruyerecourt.