SC - pennsic pot luck dish

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Sep 10 08:27:48 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "James F. Johnson" <seumas at mind.net>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2000 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: SC - TI article?

Now we're getting into intra-kingdom anthropogoly:

Calontir, esp. the Calontir Army disapproves of households  due to the
politics of our breaking away from the Mid-Realm. So the Soup Kitchen _is_
the support group for all the Army in Calontir.
Households exist, but they hold very little power in deciding things like
Army tatics.
Jenna holds fund raising during certain events preciecly so that the
fighters on the field do not have to pay at the time (Most of them support
the fund raising so it evens out in the end.)

Beatrix
(who has seen this pointed out time and time again on the Calon List)

> And acknowledging that Gerek is right in that fighters (and their
> households as their mutual support group) are responsible for their own
> calorie maintenance, rather than provide a fighter's kitchen as a gratis
> public service, why not hire out to those fighters that are willing to
> fulfil that responsibility by subcontracting it out. Fighters are still
> responsible for _showing up_ at the kitchen, but they pay a fee, get a
> token, and either show up anytime for quick snack foods on hand, or at
> specified times for hot food/more substantial meals. (the logistics of
> seeking out a bunch of fighters at an event is probably too much) If
> they don't show up, it's their health and performance, and now it's your
> money.
>
> Seumas

- ---