SC - ONCE AGAIN: PRECEDELLA MADE OF ALMONDS

RButler96@aol.com RButler96 at aol.com
Sun Sep 10 13:00:40 PDT 2000

I understand that the current TI editor is retiring and that the BoD has
been seeking a replacement, so any complaints may be lost in the shuffle.  I
think an article on period food for tavern and field might be a better
response.

In the same vein, I found the article on Viking cookery curious.  The barley
bread is more like Sumerian bappir than any Scandinavian bread and the
author total ignored rye, despite it being the most common grain in far
Northern Europe at the time.  I'm thinking of making some comments in a
letter to the editor to see if I can elicit a response from the author.

Considering the quality of the coffee article from about a year ago, TI
seems to be doing an abysmal job of "getting it right" in authenticity and
accuracy of their culinary articles.  What could a new TI editor do to
improve the quality of their culinary articles to meet our general
standards?

Bear