SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 11 05:10:30 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/11/00 12:50:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

> I remember reading a report about how lead poisoning causes an inability
>  to taste salt.  The people writing the article said the recipes they were
>  working with came from  a region where lead poisoning was common, and
>  yes, they were unbearably salty.
>
>  Could this be a possibility for the sausage problem?

Sounds like a possibility. Let's just say you had to choke down the sample
then rush to the faucet and drink like a dog just to recouperate. The
dehydration sucks the life out of you. (all said tongue in cheek) :)

I will look into this aspect of the issue in more detail. If I find
something, I'll post.

Thanks for the info.
Hauviette