SC - Radio program on 1527 feast

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 11 10:56:21 PDT 2000

I had a go at caboges, but as I didnt have beef broth or marrow, made it
with chicken broth...;-)

1 small head of Cabbage washed, cored and coarlsy chopped. Parboil until
just tender
2.5 cups chicken broth [I used college inn brand]
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 pinch saffron [about 9 filaments]

I mixed the saffron into the broth, brought to a good simmer and added
the cabbage that had the excess water pressed out, then thickened with
the breadcrumbs. I was unable to garnish with marrow as I didn't have
any ;-)

i actually thought it was rather good with the chicken broth, and the
saffron, but I think to make it to my taste in the future I might add
some finely smashed garlic.
amrgali