SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2582

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 11:04:21 PDT 2000

In my experience, local reticence about period food is attributable to bad
cooking which was labelled period, whether it was modern, ethnic, or
actually period.

One of my more interesting culinary experiences was to hear the Baron wax
lyrical about the "moist, hot, DONE chicken" I served at a feast.  His paean
to the chicken was based on feasts where the chicken had been cooked to
death or was underdone, both too common evils from cooks unschooled in the
art of feeding large groups.

Bear