SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Browning, Susan W. bsusan at corp.earthlink.net
Mon Sep 11 15:16:27 PDT 2000

Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

> The latest 'helpful warning' going around Caid is that allegedly, eating bananas
> increases a person's attractiveness to biting insects.  Any info about that?

I suspect it to be an urban legend, though if you are _holding_ a peeled
banana, insects are likely to want to investigate this sweet-smelling
thing in your hand. But I am told that taking alot of brewers' yeast or
eating alot of garlic will keep biters away. And thanks to the amount of
garlic I seem to be eating, I haven't seen any vampires recently... ;-)

'Lainie