SC - Salty Foods and general comments

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Sep 12 11:42:51 PDT 2000

At 8:11 AM -0700 9/12/00, Susan Fox-Davis wrote:
>  > Some enthusiasm is building on the SCA-Caid list about starting a support
>>  kitchen.
>>
>>  If it is ever going to be a period project, it probably should begin that
>>  way. I'm just a lowly newbie, but is there someone-of-influence in Caid who
>>  can direct the discussion away from ... Twinkies ... ??
>
>Ya, that would be me.  I think if we offer Aunt Izzy's Fruit Rolls
>[pie filling
>rolled into flour tortillas and deep-fried], we can distract them
>from Twinkies
>entirely.  Just as good, and more like period goodies.

But if you are trying to get things started right, wouldn't it be
better to distract them with period rather than periodoid? Ryschewes
de Fruit (dried fruit filling in flour and sugar crust, fried),
Barmakiya (meat and flavoring between two layers of bread dough), ...
. Recipes available in the Miscellany.
- --
David Friedman
Professor of Law