SC - jerky documentation?

Serian serian at uswest.net
Wed Sep 13 22:24:43 PDT 2000

Brangwayna Morgan said:
> jenne at tulgey.browser.net writes:
>
> << Little crisp salted whole
>  fish, fried. The concept sounded good, but they didn't get eaten, even by
>  me, and I TRY everything. >>
>
> I believe that that was at the Montevale event last year?  They weren't
> universally unappreciated, though - my table went through the whole bowl, and
> scrounged for more from the neighboring tables.  I ate a few of them; they
> tasted fine, but I had a problem with the concept of eating the bones, and
> the texture thereof.  So even though I liked the taste, I didn't eat any more.

Oh! Recipe, please. I'm not sure if I will like them either, prinicply
because of the head and bone issue, however I'm willing to consider
making/eating them.

I think something similar to this was what was planned for cooking
the string of fish caught in the SPCA camp at Pennsic. Most of which
I believe were caught by Frederick's young daughter. Unfortunately,
due to several reasons, mainly the lateness of the hour, the fish
didn't end up getting cooked. So I didn't get to try this dish. :-(

However, this one sounds like it might be period, so that's even
better.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net