SC - Re: Period cooking?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Sep 14 18:09:01 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/13/2000 11:20:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

<< Oh! Recipe, please. I'm not sure if I will like them either, prinicply
 because of the head and bone issue, however I'm willing to consider
 making/eating them. >>

I don't have the recipe.  I was eating the feast, not cooking it :-)  I can
try to get the recipe for you, though.

<>

I kind of doubt it, unless you caught minnows.  These fish were literally one
mouthful apiece - about 3 inches long.

<<However, this one sounds like it might be period, so that's even
better.>>

I wouldn't count on it.  The cook was the same fellow who was trying to
convince me that potatos were period based on some reference in a Norse saga
to "foreign white roots" being eaten.  His concept of documentation is rather
loose, to say the least.

Brangwayna Morgan