SC - jerky documentation?

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Fri Sep 15 09:58:16 PDT 2000

.  I am not allowed to put mushrooms,
onions, green peppers, none of what to him is the
americanization of
already good italian food.

Has he BEEN to Italy? I was about 6 years ago and
that's where I GOT the idea to throw whatever I came
across in the pot. They do very simple pasta sauces
over there, but they also take advantage of whatever
happens to be in season to change things up a bit.
That is the first place I ever had zuchini in a tomato
sauce. ANd spinach in a tomato sauce is extremely
Florintine. Of course after being there, I really
think the people in Florence would sneak spinach into
just about anything. The spinach  gnocchi is
wonderful.
 The variety of sauces on the pasta amazed me.
Everything from drizzled with olive oil, and a grating
of parmesean to meat sauces with all kinds of goodies
that has been simmered for hours until all the flavors
have melded.But good luck introducing new stuff , I
have two very picky guys at my house, one is 2 and one
is 35. I've learned my husbands tastes well enough in
ten years that I can usually guess whether or not
he'll like something. I am the designated guinea pig
when it comes to wines and new foods. I have to taste
ir first, and let him know whether or not I think
he'll like it. Many more types of wine appeal to me
than do to him, so this isn't a hardship. :) But good
luck
Nisha