SC - a perplexing computer problem

Barbara Sall socha at epix.net
Sat Sep 16 04:22:22 PDT 2000

Serian asked:
> Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:
> > The recipes I've seen that give a substitute for veal suggest kid, lamb, or
> > mutton.  This may be because of similarity in taste, or because of
> > health concerns.  Platina says that veal is healthier than beef.  Lobera
> > de Avila in his health manual, cites all kinds of medical authorities, such
> > as Avicenna, to prove that beef is a very unhealthy meat.
>
> Lady Brighid,
> Yes, I've seen kid/lamb as alternatives to veal as well.
> Would you please share the health manual you mentioned (full
> name etc.)?

I'm not Brighid (She's much cuter), but perhaps this file in the
FOOD-BOOKS section of my Florilegium might be of use:
cb-rv-Platina-msg (16K)  4/11/00    Reviews of cookbooks having Platina recipes.

There are various editions of cookbooks that contain Platina's books.
Some of the comments in this file might help you decide which one is
best for the things you wish to do with it.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net