SC - RE: Foodie Movies

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Sat Sep 16 03:38:59 PDT 2000

- --- Nicholas Sasso <NJSasso at msplaw.com> wrote:
> 9/14/00 1:03:44 PM >>>
>  She goes for serious sandwiches!
>
> (BTW, what is this "Miracle Whip"?)
> Gwynydd  >>>>>
>
> This spreadable white goo is a truly insipid sort of
> boiled salad dressing that is sweet/tart made by
> Kraft

One of the interesting things I have discovered, along
these lines, is that most people who "detest"
mayonnaise will willingly gobble up this hellish
concoction as if it were Mana from Heaven.  One
particular (and peculiar) foodserver who used to work
for me had an aversion to "anything white" (which I
found to be just as reasonable as an allergy to the
color purple), yet she would bring her own jar of
Miracle Whip for the cooks to spread on her
sandwiches.  Ask her to eat mayonnaise, ranch
dressing, or even Alfredo Sauce, and she would gag and
heave like a college student after his first Beer
Bong.  Yet, she would spread this sickly sweet goop on
her sandwiches and inch thick.  Peculiar, no?

I am not a huge fan of commercially made mayonnaise,
myself (preferring the richness of the home-made
version), so you can well imagine my dislike for this
psuedo-mayo.  It's rather like modern catsup, if you
ask me.... Too far removed from the original to be
considered and advancement or refinement.

I do not expect the folks from Kraft to be offering me
huge sums of money for my endorsement of their product
(unless it is Vegemite).

Balthazar of Blackmoor