SC - my collected glossary

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Sep 17 21:28:58 PDT 2000

Ras said:
>ChannonM at aol.com writes:
><<  Following
> >  >Platinas instruction resulted in an inedibly salty sausage. >>
>
>I still disagree with this view point. Soaking the sausages and then
grilling
>them or using them in other recipes calling for Lucasian sausages in
that
>period seems to make a particularly tasty dish.

Granted, that their use in recipes calling for unspecified sausages
oftentimes results in a dish that is unacceptable in flavor and their
usage in
dishes which specifically specifies 'Lucasian Sausages' results in a
superior
product.

Similarly, using kippered herring where fresh fish is expected could definitely
result in an unexpected taste. Or using a “country ham” without soaking
it could result in an overly salty dish.

So, what are some of  the period recipes that specifically call for
“Lucasian Sausages”?

Stefan
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net