SC - Atlanta's Farmer's Markets

Catherine Deville catdeville at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 20 13:12:19 PDT 2000

At 2:00 PM -0400 9/20/00, Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
(Marian Deborah Rosenber wrote:
>Regretfully,
>
>   I say good bye.  I love this list.  I love the content.  But I'm
>here to read
>about period food not miracle whip and taking 24 credits I don't have the time
>for mayonaisse discussions.
>
>someone drop me a line when the noise ratio drops, okay?

I think the best solution is not eliminating the noise but being more
careful about subject lines. Perhaps we need some abbreviation for
"this thread started on a period topic but has now wandered off to
casual conversation unrelated to the topic." Perhaps TT for
"tabletalk," which is the bridge equivalent?

Or perhaps we should go the other way. Any post actually about period
food should start PF, and anyone who leaves the PF on the subject
line while discussing his job, or Texas chilli, or twinkies, should
be hanged.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/