SC - Slaw-OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 21 19:50:14 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/21/00 2:16:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< But we do have a period warning (in the Andalusian cookbook) against
using what sounds like Byzantine murri. And since it is much easier
to make, there is at least a presumption that it was considered an
inferior substitute--otherwise why would anyone make the real murri?

We also have Perry's warning that actual murri is carcinogenic. Then we have
a later statement that perhaps it is not....  Neither opinion was backed by
any information  that would support either view. :-(

In view of that I would suspect that the use of 'fake murri' would be more
acceptable than not using recipes that called for murri at all....

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/