SC - pickled melon documentation

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 22:57:20 PDT 2000

Lady Celia des L'archier asked:
> now... a topical question... has the list talked about whether or not tea
> is period?  (if so, please point me to the flori-thingy and I'll look it up
> later... I'm off to do shopping right now. <s>) ... perhaps we can wend
> this off into a discussion of the use of tea-in-period :-)

Sorry to disappoint you, but I believe tea, at least for Europe is a post
1600 item. And yes, we have had several conversations about tea on this
list. Here is the file on tea and another on tea, but not "cha" tea:
tea-msg            (7K)  9/15/98    Tea, cha. When it appeared in Europe.
infusions-msg      (8K)  1/20/00    Period infusions. Herbal "teas".
Barley tea.

   Both of these are in the BEVERAGES section.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net