SC - rare foods at feasts-rant

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Fri Sep 22 08:29:13 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Mordonna The Cook

 > I certainly hope you are not talking about my favorite tea, Lapsang
Souchon.
> It _is_ an awuired taste, but the smoky flavor and aroma are quite
soothing
> on a cold winter night.  I take it with a lot of sugar, and nothing else.

Yes, this was the offending tea!  I am glad to hear that there are people
out there for whom this is a delicacy, but I seriously doubt that I will
ever be one of them.  In fact, I am tempted to make all children drink the
stuff to tell them what smoking tastes like (I am a non-smoker as well, so
it is possible that the taste of cigarettes is better/worse and I would
never know.  What I can say is that Lapsang Souchong tastes the way
cigarettes smell - to me, at any rate)

Gwynydd