SC - Archaeologists Recreate Famous King's Entombed Meal

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Sep 25 09:47:15 PDT 2000

    It sounds like we are not talking about the same kind of smoker.  I
suspect you are thinking of a vertical smoker that has it's fire at the
bottom of the grill & the smoke goes straight up.  I am talking about a
smoker grill like is used in the South,  It looks like a barel laid on its
side with a wood stove on one end & a smoke stack at the other.  I just plan
on not using the smoking wood (usualy hickoy, oak, pecan, apple or mesquete)
but plain real wood charcoal.  The event is only 2 weeks away so I will
report how it does as an oven or show up at the Carolingian Baronial Archery
Tourney & see for yourself.
Hej!
Olaf of Trollhiemsfjord
East Kingdom