SC - re news flash!!!

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 09:46:10 PDT 2000

Jenne Heise wrote:

> Well, we solve that by serving lunch on the field.
> My worst experience was having made 350 sausage/cheese/mushroom rolls for
> an event with an expected attendance of 250-300. These were about the size
> of a small woman's fist. I had people taking three and putting three on
> their kid's plates... which of course got thrown out since the kid
> couldn't eat THREE of them. After that I tended to go overboard with
> quantities and practice portion control by putting out only a small number
> of anything at a time.

This is why I will never leave whole loaves of bread out at a dayboard again.

> Sunday morning breakfasts are a big blowout:
> sausage gravy, eggs, onions, peppers, mushrooms, biscuits (apologies to
> Ras and Cariadoc, but that's what my shire does and people who come to the
> two summer events have come to expect...)

And believe me, I disapprove heartily, but for the sake of good manners
I usually manage to conceal my scholarly disdain of such foods at
events. It is only fair to the cooks who have worked so hard, albeit
misguided, for me to suffer through it and sample some of everything.
They've gotta stop baking the biscuits on top of the sausage gravy,
though ;  ).

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy