SC - Boiled peanuts, was, food bashing

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 25 18:27:42 PDT 2000

An interesting note regarding how widespread humoral theory was.  I had
dinner with an Iranian friend last night.  She served a rice and lentil dish
with toasted almonds and raisons.  We were talking about cooking later that
evening, and she mentioned that her grandmother still cooked according to
humoral theory (warm and cold), and even today some people still use it.
She knew enough about the theory to balance the rice dish - rice and lentils
being cold, raisons and almonds warm.

Eleanor