SC - Definitions and Examples: Period, Peri-oid and OOP

grizly@mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 25 19:14:34 PDT 2000

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 20:51:39 -0500 Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net>
writes:
> Caitlin nicFhionghuin said:
> > Actually, I've been to several...in Calontir, West, Middle, and
>> here in Atlantia (albeit several years ago).    They were all quite
well
> >done.
>
> I know these might be little far back to remember clearly, but I'd
> be interested in knowing what kind of dishes they served. Was it
> mostly  fish? Or did they make it pretty much vegetarian? We've talked
some
> about period Lenten foods. I'd like to hear what folks have served
> for Lenten SCA feasts.

Let's see.....I remember a lot of variety in how the fish was served
(different types of fish in stews and soups, baked in crust, served cold
in aspic...not much shellfish, though) as well as a lot of vegetarian
dishes.  Back then (I've been in Atlantia for 10 years this time) we
didn't do a lot of 3 and 4 course feasts...it was usually at most 2, with
maybe 1 soup or stew, 1 main dish and 2 side dish choices in each (the
heavier dishes served first and then lighter ones).  I prefer it that
way, by the way, because then I have room to try everything and still
feel I'm doing justice to the cook's efforts.  I always seem to feel
guilty if I don't have room to at least TRY everything that is served.
These days, that's most events.

Caitlin nicFhionghuin