SC - Definitions and Examples: Period, Peri-oid and OOP

grizly@mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 25 19:18:56 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/25/00 12:08:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jenne at tulgey.browser.net writes:

<< The closest is this, but it is still quite clear that the Steward isn't
doing the cooking:

I would say that kitchen steward comes closest to what the person in charge
of the kitchen does. He/she plans the menus, gathers the recipes purchases
the food, orchestrates the other cooks. Clearly these functions are
emphasized in the definitions you kindly provided. While the Steward may also
do cooking in the SCA that is clearly not their primary function with regard
to feasts. From your examples it is clear that Steward best defines the
duties of the former 'feast-o-crat' with more clarity than Head cook or any
other phrase that includes cook in it. It is just for such reasons that I
originally introduced the term Kitchen Steward as an alternative to
feast-o-crat and head cook several years ago. I am pleased that it has caught
on so rapidly.

Ras
The big answers I have. It's just some of the little ones that elude me.-D.
Koontz