SC - address change

Sharon McFarland scathatch at crosswinds.net
Tue Sep 26 10:33:29 PDT 2000

Jenne Heise wrote:

> What's a Master of the Hall...? It sounds intriguing.

Well, I have used the title Marshal of the Hall- last December, Seumas
was head cook and I was organizing the serving (and making a serious
attempt at period service- at which I think I succeeded) and various
protocol stuff in the feast hall (handwashing, etc.) I was basing my
efforts on the 15ht c. manners books and such (which is probably where
I'll look for titles to answer Seumas' question from last night. First I
must finish my tea...)

It is my impression that groups vary and some roles overlap. Some places
the hall duties might fall to the autocrat (know _there's_ a title I'd
like to ease out!) and in some places they are a subest of kitchen
staff. I think the trick is to find a period analogue to the role at
hand.

'Lainie