SC - Ingredients info WAS - rare foods at feasts-rant

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 12:02:34 PDT 2000

Selene <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
>I just bought a small packet of cacao nibs, about one ounce or so,
>at Whole Foods
>Market in Los Angeles [high-end yuppie organic grocery, formerly
>Mrs. Gooch's].

Sigh. I used to shop at Mrs. Gooch's, back when there was only one,
near the little Santa Monica Airport, and Sandy Gooch herself was
often in the shop. There's a Whole Foods near me. I'll look there.

I can get all the other ingredients without any trouble. Logwood is a
natural dye, wood chips yielding various browns.

I'm just trying to figure out what some of those measurements are,
like cods and reals. I know a real is a coin, but how much does it
weigh? but i don't think a cod in this context is a fish :-)

>If you need groceries from LA, I'd be happy to ship them to you.

Thanks :-)

Anahita al-shazhiyya