SC - OT - "Bob" and the Black Adder - was, Master of the Hall?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 11:57:31 PDT 2000

Most places over-cook liver and often use beef liver which is strong
flavored.  Fresh calves liver generally has the best taste and texture.  I
prefer to fry it quickly in butter (no more than you would a piece of fish)
in which I have sauted the onions.  Remove the liver to drain and deglaze
the pan for the sauce.  To flour or not to flour the liver before cooking is
personal taste, but floured liver makes a thicker sauce.

For my taste, the interior of the liver should be a very light pink and have
a slightly mealy texture.  Well done, I think liver resembles shoe leather.

Of course, liver is very much a matter of personal taste, so perhaps some
others will share their recipes and opinions.

Bear