SC - OOP::::: Basil oil

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 19:18:46 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 28 Sep 00, , that Jenne Heise wrote:

> Nope, I'm combining it with the Lemon Chicken (Limonia), about which I
> also had two questions:
> a) it says to fry the chicken in fat with onions. Is butter an acceptable
> substitute for lard here? (We did it that way because one of our
> testers... invited specifically to be 'Mikey' because she has a picky
> stomach) isn't much of a fan of pork.

I don't know as much about Italian recipes as Spanish, but my
impression is that the major fats for frying are various forms of pork
fat (bacon grease, lard, etc.) and olive oil.  I'd be inclined to
suggest oil, if lard is out.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann