SC - Re: Broet of Chicken

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Sat Sep 30 05:02:40 PDT 2000

At 5:25 PM -0500 9/29/00, Diana L Skaggs wrote:
>At 11:18 AM 9/29/00 -0700, you wrote:
>>What we need isn't a chicken soup recipe, it is a soup recipe as easy
>>and inexpensive to make as dumping soup powder into boiling water, or
>>at least close. I don't think yours qualifies, since it is going to
>>take a fairly long cooking period with people paying attention, and
>>the chicken has to be kept in a cooler or something until it is
>>cooked. It's possible that the people doing support for the Calontir
>>Army would be willing to go to that much trouble, but my guess is not.
>>David/Cariadoc
>
>Nope, can't see it.  A soup as simple to make as pouring a packet of
>ingredients into a pot of boiling water.  I was going to suggest meat,
>pre-cooked and frozen in plasticware. Take to site. Put in pot over fire,
>begin to thaw and add veges.  It would still take someone to watch over the
>pot, although it wouldn't take all day. My cooking pride won't let me fix
>something like dehydrated soup at an event. I can picture myself at the
>list field with my two-burner propane stove and huge pot stirring soup that
>smells good enough to pull fighters off the field...
>Leanna

But what we need is not something you would do but something they are
willing to do. They have a lot of people to feed, limited resources
to do it with, and have worked out ways that work. To persuade them
to change to period foods, we need to offer period alternatives that
aren't much harder than what they are now doing.
- --
David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University