SC - my collected glossary

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Sep 30 16:32:06 PDT 2000

At 4:02 PM -0400 9/14/00, Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:
>Greetings List!
>I have spent all of my free time these last 3 weeks printing out the
>collected recpies that I have gotten from the list these past few years.
>
>Here is the Glossary of Terms I have put together from people's posts.
>Hope it is helpful
>Phillipa

Here are a couple more comments.

>FAYRE
>decent sized pieces

Fair, in various spellings, seems to be used more generally for good
or proper; you might find something like "and sethe it in a fair pot"
or "in fair water", where I would guess it means clean.

>IDON ÞRYN   IDON (TH)RYN
>done like this

I think the second word here is probably "therein", so the phrase
means done or put into whatever pot or dish the recipe has been
talking about.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook (a couple weeks behind again)