SC - Re: Food Processors and the lists Opinion

Catherine Deville catdeville at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 5 10:03:27 PDT 2000

> Somebody recommended the Oster Kitchen center, Oster doesn't make those
> anymore, which is too bad.  I have one of those too, inherited it from my
> mother.  I didn't know you could make sausage with it, but you can make
ice
> cream, and also bread with it, it has two dough hooks and works a lot
> better than kitchen aid for    kneeding the dough.  Unfortunately my mom
> used her's so much that I think it is missing a couple of speeds in the
> dial thing that is on ours.

I had an Oster Kitchen Center as welll and *loved* it.  I'm not sure where
it went to... I believe that my mother has it now (I had moved so many
times I was unable to constantly move it around, it's diverse but *big*,
which is probably why they stopped making it.

There are, *however*, listings for the Oster Kitchen Centers and
accessories on E-bay, if you're interested.  There are two there now, the
bids for which are still under $100.  If I needed a food processor with a
great deal of diversity and had the $100 or so (and wasn't about to move
again in a few months) I'd bid on one of the two complete sets that are
currently listed myself.  You might want to check it out.  They don't have
warrenties, of course, but both of the sellers of the current listings have
very high ratings and this particular appliance is a) very reliable and b)
while they don't still make them, you can still get parts for them and
quite a few places do still service them.  (This whole conversation has
inspired me to try and track *mine* down. ... My roommates have one that I
can use right now but I will want mine back to use after I move.)

I never really used the grinder/sausage making kit, but my mom bought me
the ice cream maker attachment and I *loved* that.  I didn't really use the
bread making hooks.  I was always a-skeered to try and make bread until I
got my bread machine!  Now that I know what bread *feels* like, I am more
confident and may try making some by hand <g>.

I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier