SC - Re: Food Processors and the lists Opinion

Adler, Chris Chris.Adler at westgroup.com
Tue Sep 5 11:10:43 PDT 2000

>>I am on the hunt for a food processor that can do sausage (that is grind
and
stuff casings, to clarify)>>>

I strongly recommend the KitchenAid, but with a codicil.

I've used KitchenAids for over 20 years, and my mother for over 40. I've
made sausages for the SCA, as well as bread, pasta, and cookies doughs, and
tons of other things. They last forever, even when I ground 35 pounds of
meat over the course of a weekend for sausages for an SCA event, and the
poor machine was grinding and filling casings for eight hours straight for
two days. You see them on all the cooking shows for a reason! <smile>

However, I do not recommend the new 350-watt one. Try to get a refurbished
325, if you can. My mother ordered a new 350 and gave me her old 325, and
her new one burned out the first time she used it. KitchenAid replaced it,
and that one burned out (and sank into the swamp...). They finally gave her
a 325 because they couldn't give her a 350 that worked properly. I told her
to call Consumer Reports and have them check the model out to see if it
should be recalled.

Katja