SC - Adjustments, ethical or otherwise

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Wed Sep 27 08:20:14 PDT 2000

>all such adjustments, and added them to your list. Obviously doing this
>in the last fifteen minutes or so before service is a Bad Thing.

I agree with you, but want to add an addendum.  If, for some realistic reason,
this does happen (i.e. an assistant doesn't realize the implications of just
adding a handful of leftover chopped onions,) I don't think anyone would be
offended if you stood at the head of the hall and made an announcement of the
fact.  If that was to be the ONLY dish that didn't contain onions, and therefore
the only dish that some person could eat, then it would suck and he'd have a
right to ask for his five bucks back.  But, for the most part, I think that
would head off any problems at the pass.

But, that's a "just in case" scenario, not an "oh, I can do that, so I might
as well be lax about extra ingredients" permission.

- -Magdalena