SC - Adjustments, ethical or otherwise

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 11:20:33 PDT 2000

>One thing I've found helpful, on occasions when I, or someone else less
>responsible ("Good news! I added lemon juice, shellfish and almonds to
>the salad and it's really good!") has deviated from the posted
>ingredients is to simply add a note stating that you reserve the right
>to make slight adjustments to the ingredients list, and that anyone with
>health issues should please check the list _again_, late in the day, for
>updated information. And, of course, you will have made careful  note of
>all such adjustments, and added them to your list. Obviously doing this
>in the last fifteen minutes or so before service is a Bad Thing.
>
>Adamantius

I have been at feast and at the beginning of feast, or perhaps it was before
the dish in question was served, a herald got the attention of the hall and
announced that due to various circumstances, a dish was cooked with
different ingredients than were posted.  Those who were depending on the
ingredient listing being correct should get more information from their
server, or avoid the dish.

Bonne